Assistant professor at Frontier Research Institute for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan. Investigating low-bulk-density porous monolith materials such as “marshmallow-like gels” and aerogels/cryogels/xerogels. I am especially interested in materials which can be used in the field of space exploration.
Welcome any questions, suggestions or collaborations.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publications about marshmallow-like gels
- Gen Hayase, Kazuyoshi Kanamori and Kazuki Nakanishi, “New flexible aerogels and xerogels derived from methyltrimethoxysilane/dimethyldimethoxysilane co-precursors”, J. Mater. Chem., 21, 17077-17079 (2011). DOI: 10.1039/C1JM13664J
- Gen Hayase, Kazuyoshi Kanamori, Masashi Fukuchi, Hironori Kaji and Kazuki Nakanishi, “Facile Synthesis of Marshmallow-like Macroporous Gels Usable under Harsh Conditions for the Separation of Oil and Water”, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., 52, 7, 1986-1989 (2013). DOI:10.1002/anie.201207969
- Gen Hayase, Kazuyoshi Kanamori, George Hasegawa, Ayaka Maeno, Hironori Kaji and Kazuki Nakanishi, “A Superamphiphobic Macroporous Silicone Monolith with Marshmallow-like Flexibility”, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., 52, 41, 10788–10791 (2013). DOI:10.1002/anie.201304169
- Takayuki Takei, Keita Terazono, Kiyotaka Araki, Yoshihiro Ozuno, Gen Hayase, Kazuyoshi Kanamori, Kazuki Nakanishi, Masahiro Yoshida, “Encapsulation of hydrophobic ingredients in hard resin capsules with ultrahigh efficiency using”, Polymer Bulletin, 73, 2, 409-417 (2016). DOI: 10.1007/s00289-015-1497-y
- Takayuki Takei, Kiyotaka Araki, Keita Terazono, Yoshihiro Ozuno, Gen Hayase, Kazuyoshi Kanamori, Kazuki Nakanishi, Masahiro Yoshida, “Encapsulation of hydrophobic ingredients in hard resin capsules with ultrahigh efficiency using”, Polymers & Polymer Composites, 25, 2, 129-134 (2017).
- Gen Hayase, Yasutaka Ohya, “Marshmallow-like silicone gels as flexible thermal insulators and liquid nitrogen retention materials and their application in containers for cryopreserved embryos”, Applied Materials Today, 9, 560-565 (2017). DOI:10.1016/j.apmt.2017.10.004 (Preprint: ChemRxiv)
- Gen Hayase, Shin-ichiro M. Nomura, “Large-Scale Preparation of Giant Vesicles by Squeezing a Lipid-Coated Marshmallow-Like Silicone Gel in a Buffer”, Langmuir, 34, 11021-11026 (2018). DOI:10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b01801 (Preprint: ChemRxiv)